05 September 2006

15 minutes of fame

Our friends Juliana and Claire run a great new coffee/crepe shop around the corner. And at this shop, which is called Mon Ami, they have Portland's most outstanding coffee, Stumptown. And I mean "coffee" in the same way we Southerners say "Coke" when we want a Dr Pepper.

I don't drink coffee. I drink chai, which is a tea. And no matter what my friend Ellen in Denver says, it does not taste like feet. And I prefer not to think about what basis of knowledge she'd have for such a statement.

Anyhow, a local filmmaker has been at Mon Ami lately, starting work on his next documentary, which is about coffee and has the working title "Burnt Chocolate Water." Well, Amy was writing about him recently, and I went down on a Saturday morning after her interviews finished to meet her for breakfast and hangout for a bit at the neighborhood shop.

The guy was still filming and I ended up being interviewed. He now has a working trailer up for the project, and it turns out my dumb ass ended up making the cut. Next stop: Oscars.

Check it, and a link to Amy's article, out here.

1 comment:

quentin said...

chai doesn't taste like feet. it tastes like christmas.

word verification: zwhbi