16 January 2008

More from Maynard

Today was our short day, running from 8-3. On our lunch break I ducked into the room at the Lippmann House that is named for Robert C. Maynard. He's the man behind the institute that runs this program, and he was one of the great journalists of our time.

It was nice to grab a few minutes in there, seeing the face and mementos about a legendary man. Then, to cap the moment, I found the names of two editors of The Oregonian while I was reading a plaque on another wall in that room. They were listed among people who have been key supporters of the institute over the years.

After we wrapped for the day, I dumped my bag back at the hotel and went for a long walk around Cambridge until sunset. Came across this scene late in the day in a park across from campus. Pretty site.

Finally, capped the night with a trip to the movies to see Daniel Day-Lewis' dominating performance in "There Will Be Blood." One of the best I've seen in years.

No comments: