27 March 2008

Overheard in a Cambridge bar


I'm back in the Boston area this week on a work trip. After a couple of long days here, I went to a club about the size of my living room last night to catch a Portland band I'd never seen in concert. Blitzen Trapper (above, though fuzzy; blame the iPhone's crummy camera) was worth the wait even though they didn't take the stage until midnight, but what I heard while standing in line for tickets was what I'll remember most.

A group of college-age friends were packed into a booth by the door. One of them, a woman, amid a lull in the death metal barraging us from the club next door, said: "Librarians are so hot. If I could find me a librarian I'd..." Then the death metal returned and drowned her out.

Only at Harvard, I thought. Certainly not something I ever heard in college back home.

1 comment:

Henry Robinson said...

Sildenafil Citrate weighing 120 in step with tablet is the main factor present in Sildenafil 120 mg that is available in other substitutes additionally with diverse strengths at all of the main on-line pharmacy stores, drugstores, and clinical supply shops. Sildenafil Citrate is a phosphodiesterase (PDE-5) is an lively aspect in Fildena 120 mg tablet which essentially works in erectile dysfunction by way of increasing blood waft to the penis by means of relaxing the muscle in penile blood vessels in men. Sildenafil Citrate additionally works in pulmonary hypertension by way of relaxing the blood vessels of the lungs to permit blood to drift greater without problems.